Why do project responsible people in management often boggle to have distressed projects recovered professionally? Because they don’t (want to) see their responsibility for the troubled project? Because they would need to to deny their own management mistakes? Because… ? These things are topics of many of my previous articles.
In very many cases they try to get off cheaply – mostly much too long – with pressure and the same so far successless means of their project management.
If you think to call external help for your project in distress would be too expensive, then just calculate your Business Case when continuing with your (insufficient) “materials on board”:
- Extended resource blocking
- Lost margin due to expensive re-work, discounts, concessions or penalties
- Higher risk like failed project objectives and reduced benefits
- Missing revenue or return on investment due to delayed time-to-market
- Loss of trust, customers and image as well as bad references following
- Employee demotivation and fluctuation etc.
To prevent or mitigate this – a project manager well experienced in project recovery is much more favorable every time. Call me – now !
Please also visit my corresponding offering https://eobz.de/?page_id=377